Thursday, February 10, 2011

The concept of my Part III to "The Project" is about the way that photographs relate to each other and to the viewer, when displayed as prints. In this case, I used the concept behind my Part II, which portrayed moments in Brandon's lottery-winning revelation, to influence different possibilities when looking at the images. Having the same image printing in repetition is meant to evoke the sense of "producing" the moment, rather than capturing it. In our discussion about Part II it became clear that in order to create my 4 images I needed Brandon to pose continuously until the image was just right. With Part III I'm trying to examine the concept of a revelation. If Brandon had really won the lottery his reaction may have been more explosive and ecstatic than portrayed in my photos. There is also the possibility that he may not have reacted this way at all. Looking at the set of prints that I made, the element of production and trial and error is revealed. Although I finally captured Brandon's emotion from different angles, the process to get there was not as simple. The prints are meant to show the reproducibility of emotion when a person is acting and how it can differ so greatly from a true genuine emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment