Thursday, February 10, 2011

Part III: Final product

In the beginning I proposed to create a video installation that capture the emotion of a subject and project it into the bottom of a suitcase but I was unable to figure out why I was doing this, what was the significance of the object that made it so much more important or physical than a white wall, or on a computer screen. I was especially stumped with the content of the video because I felt that its presentation needed to be powerful and emotional, so because I was unable to answer those questions at this time I chose redirect my project idea.

This image is a recreation of the original image. In the beginning I said I was inspired by Sarah VanDerBeek but after reconsidering I was interested Sherri Levin's explanation of appropriation and felt this image challenged our general understanding of appropriation. Because I have re-photographed on of my own photographs and altered its presentation. The original image was crisp and followed several narrative but this new image has been distorted with light and color, which seem to take the appearance of paintbrush smears. I wanted to play with the technique of rephotographing an existing image on a computer screen, this way the lines and patterns visually distorted it

This image takes on a new layer physical and narrative, as well as, adds more dimensionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment