Thursday, March 10, 2011

Proposal

For my project to myself I wanted to modernize the idea of the family portrait. Instead of using my actual family, I want to incorporate my roommates and our dog into a "portrait" or series of images that represent our experience of living together. I have a few ideas about the direction for this assignment, but I am hoping to combine classic technical portraits with portraits of scenarios that are much more realistic. I anticipate the series around 10 images and would like to incorporate the use of diptychs and single shots. Hopefully the series of images will highlight characteristics of the individuals and as well as the group dynamic. I think by having a combination of single portraits, groups portraits, and portraits of our "lifestyle" together, I can create an intriguing representation of what it's like to live in a house with five people (and a puppy).

No comments:

Post a Comment